"In 2011, during my last year of teaching, I began pushing the limits of the coiling method in various forms. I was blessed in October of 2011 to sell my first piece as an emerging full time artist confirming this new direction on my spiritual path. As I roll and place each coil, I feel my connectedness with the clay, how far it can be manipulated and when it is parched. Coiling contemporary sculptures allows each piece to grow over time into it's own organic self.
Having always been inspired by architecture, sculpture and even the topography of a regions landscape, has made creating three dimensionally an innate part of my being. I can not imagine my life without this evolving creative process.
Each of my sculptures takes approximately four to eight weeks to create, depending on size and complexity. My color palette is influenced by the layers of color in impressionist paintings, and often by the shape of the piece itself. The experience of working with clay and glazes has allowed limitless exploration and study. I have learned to let go of the process, while staying focused on continued growth and trusting my Higher power for the outcome.
I believe that each piece is a gift, no two alike, reflecting my life and telling the story of who I am." - Tara Lynn
• 2012 - Florida Design Magazine
• 2013 - Florida Design Magazine; Cozy Stylish Chic Blog, Jeanne Chung
• 2014 - Florida Design Magazine; Traditional Home Magazine, Silver Anniversary Issue, Napa Valley Show Home
• 2015 - Modern Luxury Interiors - Chicago; High Point Style Spotter, Lori Glider
• 2016 - Florida Design Magazine
Awards & Exhibitions:
• 2011 - Akron Art Museum, Akron OH
• 2012 - Piccolo Spoleto, Charleston SC, Mayor’s Purchase Award - Best of Show; Loveland Sculpture Invitational, Loveland CO; SunFest Fine Art and Craft Show, West Palm Beach FL, Artist of Distinction Award
• 2013 - Piccolo Speleto, Charleston SC, Mayor’s Purchase Award - Best of Show
• 2014 - “Constructions” Show, Harris Stanton Gallery, Cleveland OH; The 5th Annual May Show at Lakeland, Lakeland OH
• 2015 - “A Benefit for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society”, Hudson Fine Art Company, Hudson OH; La Fragua International Artist residency, Belalcazar Spain
• 2016 - Wynwood Lab, Wynwood Arts District, Miami FL
• 2017 - Artist Showcase, Kathy Adams Interiors - Plano, TX
• 2017 - “The Shape of Things”, Harris Stanton Gallery - Cleveland, OH